early January I have spikes (" studded tires " [BE]) bought and raised "- they are called Hakkapeliitta W106 and are Nokian, the size is 37-622.
Does such a thing? Well, when I think of more than 12 days, I had calculated could drive despite a smooth road to cycle to work and buy a ticket on the bus would have then would pay off the tires. And these twelve days had not necessarily have to be all in winter 2009/2010.
But they were all in the Winter 2009/2010 - and in January and February 2010. Meanwhile, I am glad that I have. Because of the salt shortage and are on me (as a former mid-mountain dwellers) rather acting strange reaction of the local community to weather conditions the roads currently in the morning (and night) more often smooth.
However, I am quite well underway - smoothness notice I occasionally a little late (usually because suddenly slower and slower drivers) - and sometimes I try to taxi drivers jumping red lights, thanks to spikes and HS11 with a short braking distance to impress. This - the impressive - although I manage only rarely, but often times by turning their tires when the light turns green - do not mean.
The Hakkapeliitta W106 take not only ice and the ice at traffic lights and junctions terror, even with frozen snow, the bike, probably also because of the profile, relatively good control and brakes. However, if you
a steep and icy road go down and brakes so powerful that block suddenly both wheels - then spikes not help, as I had to learn. The rolling resistance for me is within reasonable limits, the noise level lower than that of Radierstollen some mountain bikes. Overall, the ideal tire for commuters who want to drive in winter by bike to work and not have to difficult terrain and snowy forests - there are also corresponding tires.
But I have invested more money. That was some time ago by the coincidence of my temporary thoughts being lost to the ignorance on the one Fahrradabstellanlagenkonstrukteurs options damage-free bike soaks the housing base of my front light (Lumotec Oval Senso) broken. Thanks to "splint" with a fixed insulating tape with pressure gauge, I could fix it again, the illuminated area was limited, but from then to about 1.50 m in front of my front wheel. Observant motorists could see me safe, I however, saw little beyond the aforementioned five feet, unless I went through a flood-lit with light sports field.
My lights were now probably no longer StVZO compliant and I wanted to see more. And while the StVZO It cyclists, unfortunately, almost impossible, to obtain compared to drivers of hearing, so it is now, thanks to the hub dynamo and modern LED lights quite possible and even welcome, not relying on just more visible, but also a little or a little more . see
In order to buy a new front light, I first went to the shop of a local bicycle and bicycle parts discount store. Outside the entrance was and is still the bicycle stands:
My astonishment grew, me as the gentleman behind the counter assured that they would sell no dynamo-powered lights in the shop - the reward is not. The store is aimed, as I finally realized, apparently almost exclusively to recreational cyclists, say Sunday drivers and Sunday riders that their bike - use only as a sport and if in doubt, first time packing the car, if they want to drive it - MTB or RR. The front light, for which I had made my decision ( Lumotec IQ Cyo N plus ), I have not bought there, then (it would have not have been possible - but even if it were possible, I would not have bought there) .
The Lumotec IQ Cyo to the Oval Senso progress - it looks really something when you turn it on. In the city I have noticed the improvement at first only indirectly - it is used by most drivers overlook charged and rarely by turning right. But if there is no artificial lighting, the difference is obvious - even in the dark forest, I no longer feel that I would necessarily have to see more. However, one should not expect miracles - that would have to invest ten times, for example, in the Big Bang - it's just a very bright bike light.
My former driving instructor once said that had verrbessert clearly the relationship between truck and car drivers since the fifties, because the truck drivers no longer with the bike, but lead to the car to work. They would also know the perspective of motorists.
This is, however, they lost sight of the cyclists went to the right and a flashing truck a few feet in front of me remains with IQ Cyo dangerous (see also "Are cyclists better people?" By Dietmar Kettler [pdf]) .
0 comments:
Post a Comment